WASHINGTON, Sept. 23, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — NASA will host two media briefings Monday, Sept. 26, in preparation for the fifth crew rotation mission with SpaceX as a part of the company’s Commercial Crew Program.
NASA and SpaceX proceed to goal 12:46 p.m. EDT, Monday, Oct. 3, for launch of the company’s Crew-5 mission to the International Space Station from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
The mission will carry NASA astronauts Nicole Mann and Josh Cassada, who will function mission commander and pilot, respectively, together with JAXA (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency) astronaut Koichi Wakata, and Roscosmos cosmonaut Anna Kikina, who will function mission specialists.
These crewmates will journey to the area station for a six-month science and expertise analysis mission. Plans additionally proceed to return NASA’s SpaceX Crew-4 astronauts following a brief handover on the area station with Crew-5.
The deadline has handed for media accreditation for in-person protection of this launch. More details about media accreditation is on the market by emailing: [email protected].
All media participation within the following information conferences can be distant besides the place particularly listed beneath. All occasions are Eastern and topic to change primarily based on concurrent operations.
Monday, Sept. 26
- Janet Petro, director, NASA Kennedy
- Dana Hutcherson, deputy supervisor, Commercial Crew Program, NASA Kennedy
- NASA astronaut Nicole Mann
- NASA astronaut Josh Cassada
- JAXA astronaut Koichi Wakata
- Roscosmos cosmonaut Anna Kikina
4:30 p.m. (roughly) – Flight Readiness Review media teleconference at Kennedy with the next individuals:
- Kathryn Lueders, affiliate administrator, Space Operations Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters
- Steve Stich, supervisor, Commercial Crew Program, NASA Kennedy
- Joel Montalbano, supervisor, International Space Station, NASA’s Johnson Space Center
- Emily Nelson, chief flight director, Flight Operations Directorate, NASA Johnson
- William Gerstenmaier, vp, Build and Flight Reliability, SpaceX
- Junichi Sakai, supervisor, International Space Station Program, JAXA
- Sergei Krikalev, government director, Human Space Flight Programs, Roscosmos
Listen to audio of the teleconference streaming at:
Media could ask questions by way of cellphone solely. For the dial-in quantity and passcode, please contact the Kennedy newsroom no later than 3 p.m. on Sept. 26, at: [email protected].
Based on the period of the readiness assessment, NASA could regulate the date of this briefing if not ready to full the telecon prior to 6 p.m. when the company’s DART mission coverage begins.
Learn extra in regards to the mission and NASA’s Commercial Crew Program at: