RECORD FULL-YEAR RESULT – STRONG SEASON EXPECTED
- Net gross sales for the fourth quarter had been SEK 224 (184) million, a rise of SEK 40 million (22 %) in contrast with the earlier yr.
- Profit/loss after tax for the fourth quarter was SEK -212 (80) million, a decline of SEK 292 million (364 %) in contrast with the earlier yr, which was positively affected by a capital acquire of SEK 198 million on property transactions.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -2.70 (-0.87).
- Net gross sales for the total yr had been SEK 4,092 (2,689) million, a rise of SEK 1,404 million (52 %) in contrast with the earlier yr.
- Profit after tax was SEK 665 (234) million, a rise of SEK 431 million (184 %) in contrast with the earlier yr.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 8.50 (3.04), a rise of 180 %.
- The Board recommends a dividend that’s twice as a lot because the earlier yr, i.e. SEK 3.00 (1.50) per share, equivalent to a complete of SEK 235 (118) million.
Significant occasions throughout and after the interval
- Strong demand for mountain holidays all yr spherical and the easing of journey restrictions contributed to elevated income from core operations through the monetary yr. All locations had report customer numbers through the winter season, leading to each a better variety of skier days and report gross sales of all merchandise associated to alpine snowboarding, reminiscent of SkiPass, ski rental and sporting items outlet gross sales.
- Bookings for the winter season are seven % larger than on the similar level earlier than 2019/20, i.e. the season earlier than the pandemic.
- SkiStar is investing over SEK 600 million within the core business for 2022/23 to be able to improve the attractiveness of the Company’s resorts and to fulfill persevering with robust demand from visitors. In addition to operational investments, SkiStar has acquired an space of land totaling 400 hectares in Vemdalen which is good for persevering with growth of the favored Vemdalen mountains.
Comments from the CEO Stefan Sjöstrand:
The future seems vivid, with a continuation of the very robust demand for lively holidays within the Scandinavian mountains: Bookings for the winter season are seven % larger than on the similar level earlier than the 2019/20 season, i.e. earlier than the pandemic, regardless of the instability within the exterior world.
Conference name and internet presentation
In reference to the report SkiStar will arrange a convention name with internet presentation. CEO Stefan Sjöstrand and CFO Anders Örnulf will current and touch upon the report.
Tuesday 4 October 2022 at 10.00 a.m. CET. Dial-in quantity(s):
Web solid: https://financialhearings.com/event/43425. The presentation and a recorded model of the net presentation might be obtainable on the identical webpage after the presentation.
This info is info that SkiStar AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. This info was submitted for publication, by the company of the contact individuals set out under, at 4 October 2022, 07.15 a.m. CET.
Further info may be reached from:
Stefan Sjöstrand, CEO, tel +46 (0)280 841 60.
Anders Örnulf, CFO, tel +46 (0)280 841 60.
SkiStar in short
SkiStar AB (publ) is listed on the Mid Cap listing of the Nasdaq Stockholm trade. The Group owns and operates mountain resorts in Sälen, Vemdalen, Åre and Stockholm (Hammarbybacken) in Sweden and in Hemsedal and Trysil in Norway. Operations are divided into three segments: Operation of Mountain Resorts, Property Development & Exploitation and Operation of Hotels. As the main vacation tour operator for Scandinavia, SkiStar’s business idea is to create memorable mountain experiences, develop sustainable locations, provide lodging, actions, services and products of the very best high quality with our visitors in focus. For additional info, please go to www.skistar.com/en/company.
- SkiStar Year-End Report September 2021-August 2022