Atlanta, Sept. 19, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Hotel proprietor, operator, and improvement agency, Hotel Equities (HE), continues to develop its Development Services platform for brand spanking new lodge builds and property enchancment plans to fulfill the calls for of an business challenged with provide chain points and labor shortages,
HE’s portfolio of greater than 250 inns consists of nationwide chains and boutique inns with completely different model requirements, coding necessities, neighborhood highlights and preferences.
“The most important criteria for working with a development services team are experience and the ability to look at a new hotel build or remodel through multiple lenses,” says group chief Patrick Trainor, Vice President of Projects and Facilities for Hotel Equities. “With experience comes a greater level of brand knowledge ─ what works well and what doesn’t ─ and the ability to apply best practices to make projects cost-effective and operationally efficient at every level.”
Building the Best Team
HE’s Development Services specialists assess must assemble the correct group for every construct, handle timelines, and collaborate with model ambassadors, designers, architects, common contractors, and operations and procurement workers. This advantages house owners and operators in some ways:
- Optimal effectivity, move, and performance of visitor rooms and public areas
- Utilizing HE’s 33 years of name and procurement relationships that our house owners rapidly grow to be a benefactor of
- Direct entry to model resolution makers and publicity to the newest traits and design packages
- Compliance with model requirements, native codes, permits and ADA necessities
- Ability to barter massive scale pricing for furnishings, fixtures, and tools
- Attention to course of, pricing, and approvals to maintain initiatives on schedule and inside finances
“Hotel builds and property improvement plans are major investments. It’s important to work with a team with deep resources and industry connections to make sure you get it right and don’t make costly mistakes,” says Trainor. Below are some latest examples of the Development Services teams work:
Courtyard Downtown Winston-Salem Earns Marriott’s Hotel Opening of the Year Award
The Courtyard Downtown Winston-Salem lodge in North Carolina incorporates rising traits and showcases native landmarks and companies:
- An over-sized health room, with flooring to ceiling home windows, overlooks a baseball park with an ideal view of post-game fireworks
- The rooftop bar, with indoor and outside seating, hosts blissful hours, weddings, and receptions
- The bar options seasonal beers and paintings from a brewery subsequent door
HE’s Development Services group got here on board through the request for proposal course of and constructed a stable group which earned the 2021 Marriott Hotel Opening of the Year award.
“When your team knows what they’re doing and can communicate effectively with everyone involved in this massive undertaking, everything moves along more smoothly,” says Brad Rahinsky, CEO of HE.
The Fairfield Inn & Suites at Berry College in Rome, Georgia, pays homage to the realm with distinctive options and interactive artwork:
- A stone tower on the lodge entrance replicates school campus structure
- Artwork displayed all through the lodge options iconic campus landmarks
- QR codes reveal the historical past of every landmark, with instructions for locating it
This mission group, recruited by Berry and HE, was capable of open the lodge 4 months forward of schedule, which introduced in extra income.
Dual-Brands Offer More Options
Dual-brand inns make the most of a single constructing with separate entrances that permit company to decide on lodging that swimsuit their wants, whether or not that’s a spacious suite with a kitchen or a extra primary room for in a single day business journey. Sharing workers, frequent areas and facilities helps house owners lower prices whereas interesting to completely different market segments.
HE capitalized on the Colorado Springs Downtown SpringHill Suites & Element dual-brand’s scenic location and health oriented clientele:
- A rooftop bar with hearth pits and water parts overlooks Pikes Peak
- A restaurant with floor-to-ceiling home windows overlooks downtown, Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods
- Meeting areas with scenic views will be tailored to simply about any assembly dimension or objective
- A big health room and an indoor swimming pool cater to well being fanatics
- A shared courtyard options TVs for watching sports activities and grills for group cookouts
Converting an outdated SpringHill Suites in Missouri to the Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Louis Chesterfield, and including a brand new SpringHill Suites to develop the constructing right into a dual-brand (slated to be accomplished this month), proved to be significantly difficult with a whole lot of shifting elements.
- New Fairfield Inn rooms needed to match into area designed for SpringHill Suites
- The authentic lodge stayed open with the part related to the brand new constructing blocked off
- A brand new entrance desk, foyer, restaurant, and bar area within the new constructing will serve each inns
- The former foyer and entrance desk will grow to be a big health room
- All signage and IT capabilities will transfer, or be tailored, to replicate the proper model for every room
Hamilton Curio Hotel Honors History
The Hamilton Hotel by Hilton in Downtown Alpharetta, GA, is a Curio lodge with extra freedom for personalization. HE’s design group maintained historic notes whereas including fashionable touches and know-how. The consequence: a boutique lodge with great curb attraction and common areas for gathering.
- There is a full-service restaurant and a bar that includes stay bands and enormous native attracts from the neighborhood
- An outside patio/terrace that accommodates every part from weddings to weekend yoga courses and a “Yappy Hour” for canines
- A hidden speakeasy attracts folks downstairs
- This lodge is the centerpiece and lighthouse of the neighborhood
Post Pandemic Pivots
Collaboration and communication are extra vital than ever with provide chain delays and restricted contractor availability.
Hotel Equities Director of Procurement Lindsay Meadows negotiates large-scale contracts for operational provides and tools to save cash and maximize effectivity. More provides are being warehoused to make sure contractors have every part they want earlier than closing a flooring for an set up.
Including Operations in design maximizes area by contemplating move, perform and staffing. Since Operations is aware of the structure, they know what they want and the place to retailer it. Coordinating schedules, deliveries and installations additionally retains everybody on the identical web page.
“Building a new hotel, renovating, or converting to a new brand can be complicated,” says Hotel Equities’ Chief Development Officer Joe Reardon. “An experienced partner like Hotel Equities can manage all of the moving parts quickly and cost-effectively and coordinate internal teams for a smooth transition to operations once construction is completed.”
About Hotel Equities
Hotel Equities is an award-winning full-scale lodge possession, administration, and improvement agency with a portfolio of over 250 inns and resorts all through the United States and Canada. Fred Cerrone, CHA, serves as Founder and Chairman; Brad Rahinsky serves as President and CEO. Hotel Equities is an affiliate of 33 Degrees, an built-in administration platform combining market data and business expertise throughout a broad vary of CRE belongings together with workplace, restaurant, retail, mixed-use and multi-unit residential. For extra info on Hotel Equities, go to www.hotelequities.com.
- Patrick Trainor
- The Fairfield Inn & Suites at Berry College in Rome, Georgia