—Striding Towards the Intelligent World White Paper Release
BANGKOK, Sept. 21, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Striding Towards the Intelligent World Summit at HUAWEI CONNECT 2022 efficiently concluded right this moment. David Wang, Huawei’s Executive Director of the Board and Chairman of ICT Infrastructure Managing Board delivered a keynote speech titled Embracing the 5.5G Era: Striding Towards the Intelligent World at this summit.
In this speech, he burdened that 5.5G is a key milestone on our path to an intelligent world and launched Huawei’s newest collection of white papers on the intelligent world. Wang additionally referred to as upon the ICT trade to coordinate efforts round eight sides of this imaginative and prescient. By working collectively to additional outline and refine the trade imaginative and prescient and requirements for the 5.5G period, the trade will transfer ever quicker in the direction of the 5.5G period and the intelligent world.
In the future, people, households, and industries can have increased necessities for digital infrastructure.
For people, immersive companies like XR and holographic communication are maturing, and connectivity expertise is set to improve from 1 Gbit/s to 10 Gbit/s. Mobile DOU will surge from right this moment’s 15 GB to 100 GB. Requirements for latency and ubiquitous connectivity may also improve.
For households, the calls for generated by superior companies like 24K 3D VR video games and holographic training and conferences are creating a full-fiber, 10 Gbit/s period.
For industries, digital transformation has now entered the quick lane. Industrial-grade functions resembling sensible manufacturing and energy grid dispatching are elevating diversified necessities for connections, high quality, and sensing, whereas additionally triggering explosive progress in demand for computing energy and storage.
Wang famous, “We must continue to work hard if we hope to reach an intelligent world. The 5.5G era is an important milestone on this path – one we cannot miss. In the 5.5G era, we will need ubiquitous 10 Gbit/s experience; intelligent and high-quality compute scheduling; highly autonomous L4 networks; Cloud Native 2.0 services for enterprises, and a 10-fold increase of computing effectiveness, storage, and infrastructure energy efficiency.”
He went on to spotlight Huawei’s perception that it’ll want the help of shoppers, ecosystem companions, trade organizations, and educational establishments to proceed evolving and reinforcing digital infrastructure, thereby accelerating the introduction of the 5.5G period and intelligent world.
More particularly, he mentioned that trade gamers would have to come collectively to:
- Promote the allocation of extra spectrum to speed up trade growth and proceed exploring new 5.5G use circumstances with better industrial worth;
- Define the technical paths ahead and requirements for F5.5G;
- Quickly attain a consensus on evolution in the direction of Net5.5G;
- Define a profile for L4/L5 autonomous networks and promote unified requirements;
- Build an open and diversified computing trade for shared success and redefine the computing structure;
- Define a storage structure that meets diversified knowledge processing necessities;
- Build a cloud basis for the intelligent world and domesticate a stronger cloud service trade ecosystem; and eventually
- Adopt a unified NCIe system to assist trade save vitality and cut back emissions with revolutionary ICT applied sciences and options.
Wang additionally launched Huawei’s newest collection of white papers, that are titled Striding Towards the Intelligent World. Guided by the subsequent steps relating to the eight sides talked about above, these white papers discover each the alternatives and challenges that will likely be offered to main ICT infrastructure domains by rising business wants and technological developments. The white papers additionally define key traits in these domains and specify actions that the firm recommends the trade ought to take earlier than 2025.
Huawei’s Chief Strategy Architect Dang Wenshuan then took the stage to focus on the contents of the white papers in additional element. He emphasised two ideas the firm would really like to promote as we transfer in the direction of 5.5G and finally the intelligent world:
- “ICT for Intelligence” which focuses on fixed innovation and evolution in several ICT domains to enhance key capabilities, and
- “Intelligence for ICT” which focuses on the intelligent and architectural innovation inside the ICT trade itself that will likely be wanted to deal with challenges like more and more complicated O&M, making certain consumer expertise in diversified service situations, and inexperienced growth. Addressing these challenges will assist us make the most of current and coming core ICT capabilities and lead us to the intelligent world quicker.