Mumbai : Bank of Baroda has cautioned its customers to beware of potential social engineering fraud. Bank’s email, sent to its customers, states “Social engineering fraud using mobile numbers resembling toll free number is underway. The modus operandi is: Fraudsters obtain mobile numbers similar to toll free numbers of financial institutions and save the number on apps such as True caller with the name of the institution.
For example: 800-123-1234 is a number taken by the fraudsters in lieu of 1800-123-1234.
They can call you/ask you to dial into this number and ask for your personal and account information.
To protect the interest of our Customers, we inform that:
1. Our Authorised Contact Centre Toll Free Numbers are 1800-258-4455 and 1800-102-4455 (For Domestic) and +91 79-49044100 (For NRIs located overseas)
2. Before Dialling please ensure Number starts with 1 (Domestic) & is indeed Toll Free Number
3. Bank will never call customers from these Toll Free numbers
4. Bank Staff will never ask for confidential information like CVV/PIN/OTP/Debit card details etc. Such details are asked by fraudsters only
5. Never share any such confidential information with anyone”.