Transforming prepare gazing into an interactive and dynamic floor offering all-in-one on-demand transparency or shading, privateness, and digital shows.
BERLIN, GERMANY, September 23, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Gauzy revealed its latest sensible glass applied sciences for the primary time ever at InnoTrans in Hall 1.1 stand 560, and in collaboration with trade leaders across the present, demonstrating how prepare OEMs, Tier 1 glazing suppliers, and operators can present memorable and cozy journey experiences for passengers.
The firm’s PDLC (polymer dispersed liquid crystal) and SPD (suspended particle system) movie interlayers are laminated into glass and swap on and off immediately permitting glass to dim to varied levels of opacity to regulate IR, UV, and visual mild. Regulating visibility, daylight, glare, and warmth has quite a few benefits for each passengers and prepare firms. Instant at seat or system automated management of glass to dam mild gives passengers with visible and thermal consolation with out blocking views, opacity for a personal atmosphere, and entry to route info, infotainment, and time & location-based promoting by an attractive platform.
Train firms profit from UV safety to protect interiors, IR blocking for decreased HVAC load, an easy-to-clean resolution lowering overhead prices and sanitary dangers, and a future targeted design for a robust model affiliation. Unique functions for the know-how embody conductor cabins, IGU railway compliant passenger home windows, top quality cabin partitions, and inside shows on dividers/partitions when paired with clear OLED know-how or projection.
Smart glass applied sciences by Gauzy are provided to OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers as uncooked supplies or by direct success based mostly on a buyer’s particular necessities, and in collaboration with trade leaders, as witnessed by its shows at InnoTrans at its personal sales space and in its collaborators cubicles:
* LG Display SPD TOLED IGU – LG Display’s state-of-the-art clear OLED know-how with Gauzy’s SPD revealed for the primary time in a railway compliant IGU laminated by trade main glass fabricators AGC and OSG. Unique for railway, the specifically tempered IGU configuration of LG Display’s 55″ Transparent OLED display with SPD allows for resistance to impact and vibrations on glass for safety and an undisturbed viewing experience, while providing high contrast and vibrant polite advertising and messaging in shifting lighting conditions when SPD is tinted or a transparent window when SPD is on (clear mode).
* Talgo Segmented SPD & PDLC IGU Passenger Window – Gauzy announces leading Spain based railway OEM, Talgo, as its newest customer. Specially designed to meet Talgo requirements, Gauzy and Star Glass created SPD and PDLC passenger windows with individually controlled segments for zoned light control via an integrated capacitive touch system. This collaboration sets a new standard for passenger personalization and comfort, and positions Talgo as an early adopter of innovative solutions.
* REHAU – showcased in the DeutscheBahn Idea Train, Gauzy’s SPD that blocks up to 99% of light was utilized by REHAU to create a smart window and at seat control system that allows passengers to have shading with a view in this future focused demonstration that highlights next generation railway.
Smart glass technologies, integrated into railway compliant IGU (insulated glass unit) smart windows and partitions, allow glass or other transparent substrates to switch between opaque and transparent in milliseconds to regulate visibility, daylight, glare and heat for enhanced visual and thermal comfort, reduced cooling costs, and a greater sense of passenger autonomy and wellbeing. Products showcased in railway specific applications at Gauzy’s booth include:
* SPD LCG®: allows users to instantly tint windows with up to 99% light blocking for customized shading with a view. This eliminates the need for light blocking roller shades that limit scenic views, are hard to sanitize, and require regular maintenance, while lacking a minimalist and modern aesthetic. When in its darkest state, SPD also adds another layer of privacy.
* Combined PDLC and SPD LCG®: when the two technologies are combined, and paired with projection, they create a two-way display that can turn transparent for time and location updates, ambiance images, and commercial ad space for additional revenue or full transparency.
* Ambiance Management Solutions: a dimmable window paired with a mood lighting system controlled by users or a centralized and synchronized control panel for a personalized experience depending on time of day, weather conditions, or feelings.
* PDLC LCG®: offers unobstructed views when transparent or light filled privacy with fully blocked views when trains are passing through highly populated areas, or for staged experiences in tourist trains.
* Smart-Vision: a compact system that replaces rearview mirrors with high-definition cameras and interior displays, already chosen by over 40 operators, and by many bus, coach and truck OEMs, with more than 5000 vehicles equipped! The solution offers optimized visibility and enhanced ergonomics for greater driving comfort and safety.
Gauzy’s CEO Eyal Peso remarks “as the world shifts towards sustainable, fast, and safe travel options, the use of smart glass technologies with its distinct passenger and OEM advantages will lead the way in shading, privacy, infotainment, and ambiance solutions in trains. Introducing this market to our technologies through collaborations with industry leaders like LG Display, Rehau, Talgo, and StarGlass shows how we are laying the tracks for the future of railway travel – starting today”.
About Gauzy Ltd.
Gauzy Ltd. is a world leading material science company, focused on the research, development, manufacturing, and marketing of vision and light control technologies that support safe, sustainable, comfortable, and agile user experiences across various industries. Headquartered in Tel Aviv, the company has additional subsidiaries and entities based in Germany, France, The United States, Canada, China, and Dubai. Gauzy serves leading brands in over 50 countries through direct fulfillment and a certified and trained distribution channel. For more news and information about Gauzy, please visit www.gauzy.com, and our social media pages: Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube.
Brittany Kleiman Swisa
advertising and firstname.lastname@example.org