Specifically, the efforts include
- Expansion of the user base of “my route”
- Expand the area of provided services
- Start “my route” services in the cities of Miyazaki and Nichinan from this spring, following the expansion to the cities of Fukuoka and Kitakyushu in November 2019.
- Take measures to expand users connected with telecommunication carriers
- Start “my route for au” services from today, January 16, 2020, for users/subscribers of the “au Smart Pass” and “au Smart Pass Premium”, services provided by KDDI. In addition to the basic services offered in “my route”, the company will start sales of discounted “Pass” tickets as an exclusive for the “my route for au” service.
- Improve the convenience of “my route”
Toyota will further advance the application by adding support for more languages, such as Korean and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) from around February 2020, as well as connecting it to other services and mobility, including the choice of electronic payment through Toyota Wallet and car sharing via Toyota Share. The list of other services is expected to grow in the future.
- Collaborate with services related to movement
To make the “my route” application an all-in-one solution that brings together services related to movement, starting from mobility and including information related to tourist sites such as places to lodge, eat, and drink, Toyota will expand collaboration with a variety of companies and services. The list of possible services and companies includes businesses in the area of taxis, inter-city buses, and travel agency-related services and products.