- Second-generation Audi RS 7 Sportback features a stunning, new wide-body design
- The five-seater combines a striking coupé-like grand tourer look with everyday practicality
- 600 hp and 800 Nm 4.0L TFSI petrol engine allows the Audi RS 7 Sportback to charge to 100kph in a breathtaking 3.6 seconds
- quattro all-wheel drive system features a launch control function
- Available with a range of personalization options, the Audi RS 7 Sportback starts at INR 1.94 Crore
- Augmented Reality available on www.audi.in allows you to experience the Audi RS 7 Sportback anywhere you point your phone
Mumbai 16 July 2020: Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, today announced the launch of the all-new Audi RS 7 Sportback in India. More versatile than ever before, the Audi RS 7 Sportback is now available as a wide-bodied five-seater and showcases improved performance along with enhanced efficiency delivered by a mild hybrid system. Highly customizable, the Audi RS 7 Sportback is priced from INR 1.94 Crore. Customer deliveries commence in August 2020.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Balbir Singh Dhillon, Head of Audi India, said, “We are thrilled to launch the new Audi RS 7 Sportback in India – a car that is striking, powerful and is a technological masterpiece. The V8 twin-turbo 4.0L TFSI petrol heart propels the car to 100kph in a super quick 3.6 seconds. Our legendary quattro all-wheel drive system means you can make the most of the 600hp. I personally love the way the RS 7 sounds and I can’t wait for owners and enthusiasts to experience and hear its V8 growl.”
Sculpted to perfection, the Audi RS 7 Sportback grabs attention everywhere it goes. Its broad shoulders and distinctive roofline lend the Audi RS 7 Sportback an athletic stance. 53.34 cms wheels and RS-specific details such as the oval exhaust pipes and the powered rear spoiler add to the visual appeal. The new Audi RS 7 Sportback is a technological masterpiece on the inside as well. The driver is at the centre of the action with RS displays for the virtual cockpit and a flat-bottomed RS steering wheel with Audi drive select RS1 and RS2 modes.
Offered with five seats for the first time, the Audi RS 7 Sportback brings a new dimension of practicality. Customers can personalize their Audi RS 7 Sportback from a wide menu of trim and equipment options.
Mr. Balbir Singh Dhillon further added, “With the Audi RS 7 Sportback our customers can experience the most dynamic side of Audi. As a brand, we are focused on bringing exciting products for our customers and I am happy to share that the all-new Audi RS 7 Sportback isn’t the only RS model scheduled for 2020.”
The all-new Audi RS 7 Sportback can hit 100kph in a breath-taking 3.6 seconds. Under the hood is a V8 twin-turbo: 4.0L TFSI petrol heart that produces a whopping 600 hp and 800 Nm of torque. At the same time, a 48V mild-hybrid system and cylinder on demand (COD) technology allows the best efficiency. RS adaptive air suspension is standard and Audi’s legendary quattro system is always at hand to provide traction in all conditions.
The all-new Audi RS 7 Sportback combines exclusivity, customization and personalization. To enable customers to explore the bevy of features available, Audi India offers an Augmented Reality experience, a first of its kind. Customers can visit www.audi.in and use the 360° Product Visualizer to explore all the latest features and customization options.
Customers can also book the Audi RS 7 Sportback online (www.audi.in) from the comfort of their home or head to their nearest Audi India dealership. Additionally, all customization and personalization needs can be catered to by any Audi India dealership.
Audi India has ensured all dealerships and workshops are completely sanitized twice a day with adequate safety measures rolled out across processes.
Key Highlights of the all-new Audi RS 7 Sportback:
Innovative: The exterior design
- Iconic Sportback shape embellished with sharply defined lines.
- Flared wheel arches and low stance give it an aggressive race car look.
- Flat, singleframe grille features a three-dimensional honeycomb mesh.
- High-performance impression accentuated by RS-specific door sills with black inlays.
- Light signature: rear strip of lights feature a striking design.
- Spoiler automatically extends from the tail-gate when upwards of 100 km/h.
- RS-specific oval exhaust pipes and rear bumper with diffuser highlight sportiness.
- Optionally available Panoramic Sunroof
Sporty and futuristic: The interior
- The interior combines taut, sinewy surfaces with clearly defined contours.
- Special RS displays use the Audi virtual cockpit to provide details of tyre pressure, torque, performance, oil temperature, boost pressure, lap times, acceleration, and G-forces.
- Shift light display prompts the driver to go up a gear when the rev limit is reached
- Flat-bottomed, fully perforated RS Sport leather steering wheel sports new large RS aluminium shift paddles.
- Driver can use steering buttons to enable the new Audi drive select RS1 and RS2 modes. This automatically opens the RS-specific displays in the Audi virtual cockpit.
- Luggage compartment capacity of 535 litres, which can be increased to as much as 1,390 litres with the split rear seat backs folded down
V8 Power: The drive system
- 4.0 L twin-turbo TFSI petrol engine produces 441 kW (600 hp) power and delivers 800 Nm torque
- 0 to 100 km/h in a super quick 3.6 seconds.
- Top speed electronically limited to 250 km/h; this can be increased to 280 km/h with the optional dynamic package and to 305 km/h with the RS dynamic plus package
- A full-bodied V8 growl: Audi drive select dynamic handling system allows adjustments to sound of the power unit.
- Mild Hybrid System (MHEV) comes with a 48-volt main on-board electrical system. The belt alternator starter can recover up to 12 kW power under gentle acceleration and feed it into a lithium-ion battery as electricity.
- Cylinder on Demand (COD) technology enhances the efficiency. In higher gears at low to medium loads and engine speeds, 4 cylinders automatically deactivate to minimize fuel consumption.
- Standard eight-speed Tiptronic transmission with optimized shift times.
- quattro permanent all-wheel drive system includes launch control function.
- Depending on traction, up to 70 percent drive force can flow to the front wheels and up to 85 percent to the back wheels.
- Wheel-selective torque control optimizes handling through bends, it provides power to the wheels that need it when cornering.
Agility as standard: The suspension
- Five-link front and rear axles with standard RS adaptive air Suspension.
- Air suspension can be set to three modes, and can be set on automatic level control.
- Progressive steering for an involving driving experience. Dynamic all-wheel steering is an optional extra.
- Audi drive select dynamic handling system offers six profiles including customizable RS-specific RS1 and RS2 modes.
- RS brake system comprises of internally ventilated and perforated discs (42 cms) at the front, 37 cms at the rear); calipers painted in black as standard or red upon request.
- High performance RS ceramic brakes available with the Dynamic Package plus as an optional extra.
- RS sport suspension with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC) for additional stability available optionally
Finest equipment: Infotainment, assist systems, colors, and materials
- LED headlamps with dynamic indicators as standard and HD Matrix LED headlamps with laser lights available optionally.
- Standard rear view camera with optionally available surround view cameras
- Standard B&O Sound System features a 3D front surround system and 16 speakers with a 705 W output. B&O Advanced Surround System with 3D sound in the front and rear from 19 speakers and 1820 W output is optional.
- Optional heads up display shows RS-specific information.
- 13 standard exterior paint finishes, including the two RS-specific shades of Nardo Grey and Sebring Black, crystal effect, as well as 5 available Matte Effect paint finishes as an additional extra.
- Matte Aluminium, Black, or Carbon package available for flaps, blades, sill inlays, window slot trims, and the rear diffuser clip
- 53.34 cms 10-spoke star design wheels are standard; 55.88 cms rims available as an optional extra with different finishes.
- RS sport seats upholstered with black pearl Nappa leather or RS Sport Seats covered with Valcona leather available as options.
- RS design packages, available in either red or grey, bring a splash of colour, with contrasting stitching on the Alcantara steering wheel, gear lever gaiter and kneepads.
- Optional inlays in Carbon, Natural Grey-Brown wood or Matte Aluminium open up a range of possibilities for customizing the interior.
- Optionally available soft power latching of the doors.