The Asian Entrepreneurship Award 2022 occasion (AEA2022) was held absolutely on-line from Wednesday, October 26th to Thursday, October 27th with the participation of 24 tech startups chosen from Asian international locations and areas. Among the competing contributors, Japan’s OUI Inc., which develops the Smart Eye Camera (SEC), a smartphone-based medical machine that permits ophthalmic prognosis anytime, wherever, and by anybody, was chosen as the winner.
This press launch options multimedia. View the full launch right here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221031005324/en/
AEA2022 First Prize Winner, OUI Inc. (Graphic: Business Wire)
AEA is a world innovation award for rising Asian entrepreneurs and startups which can be using superior know-how to supply options to social points. The AEA2022 introduced collectively 24 chosen startups from throughout Asia offering options in the three areas of healthcare, work & way of life reform, and sustainability, all of that are world key points going ahead.
Each firm was chosen on the foundation of a wide selection of standards, together with innovativeness, the social impression of their services, their business viability, the potential for collaboration with Japanese corporations, the alternative for business growth in Japan, and OUI Inc. (Japan) was chosen as the winner.
This yr, the Social Business Session during which contributors competitively share business concepts for fixing social issues was additionally held at the similar time. Among the 4 contributors of the session, SocialTech Japan (Japan), a supplier of reasonably priced medical companies for reaching common well being protection, gained first prize.
OUI Inc. (Japan)
Smart Eye Camera (SEC), a smartphone-based medical machine that permits ophthalmic prognosis anytime, wherever, and by anybody
- Points evaluated by the judges: The complete resolution which spans from prognosis to therapy was extremely evaluated.
Remote well being administration cell platform for contactless measurement and evaluation of physiological biomarkers utilizing video evaluation know-how
- Points evaluated by the judges: The resolution utilizing solely a smartphone, has the potential for it is business scalability by collaborating with nice companions.
Liquium (New Zealand)
Clean ammonia manufacturing know-how for fuels utilizing a new catalyst that reduces capital and working prices for industrial vegetation
- Points evaluated by the judges: The social impression made by clear vitality will be important.
[Special Award-AEA Social Business Award]
SocialTech Japan (Japan)
Affordable well being companies for common well being protection
[Special Award-Fujitsu Accelerator Award]
- Comments from the judges: “Fujitsu has launched a new business brand called Fujitsu Uvance to address cross-industry issues. Fujitsu Uvance focuses on seven areas, one of which is ‘Healthy Living.’ As a DX company, we felt that Nervotec’s technology could help employees switch between life and work and manage their health to promote individual well-being. We hope to explore the possibility of collaboration by leveraging our mutual synergies.”
[Special Award-IP Bridge Award]
OUI Inc. (Japan)
- Comments from the judges: “This is a very simple device that is easy to take to the field, and we felt it was a feasible solution in addressing the issues of blindness and low vision. We would love to see them achieve their goal of reducing the blindness and low vision population by 50%. To that end, we hope they will utilize our mentoring team to strengthen their IP.”
[Special Award-The Japan Academic Society for Ventures and Entrepreneurs Award]
Liquium (New Zealand)
- Comments from the judges: “The new method proposed by Liquium for mass production of ammonia and CO2-free energy sources can reduce costs by more than 50% and is more promising than the Haber-Bosch process. Although intended for use in the area of heavy industry, if ammonia fuel cells can be developed at the same time, ammonia can also be used for mobility, and the market would expand even further. We have high expectations that a new unicorn will emerge from New Zealand.”
[Special Award-Life Science Award]
OUI Inc. (Japan)
- Comments from the judges: “OUI Inc. has great technology and products, as well as an excellent vision. Furthermore, we see great potential for remote medical care and AI-based surgery. We hope OUI Inc. can help patients all over the world. Congratulations.”
[Special Award-Microsoft Award]
ARAV Inc. (Japan)
An actual-time distant management system that may be retrofitted to current building gear and related through the Internet
- Comments from the judges: “ARAV Inc. is the company that thinks the most about IoT data utilization, and we thought they could make the greatest impact by collaborating with us due to their reproducibility and scalability. We also believe they can collaborate with large Japanese companies in the construction and agriculture industries because of their market impact, ease of implementation, and relevance to IoT business. By doing so, they will be able to achieve social impact and sustainability.”
[Special Award-Audience Award]
For a record of startup entrants and their companies, go to https://aea.events/e/startup-entrants/
Official web site:https://aea.events/e/ (English) / https://aea.events/j/ (Japanese)
Host: Asian Entrepreneurship Award steering committee
Division of University Corporate Relations – The University of Tokyo https://www.ducr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/
Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd. (Kashiwa-no-ha Smart City) https://www.kashiwanoha-smartcity.com/en/
TX Entrepreneur Partners General Incorporated Association (TEP) https://www.tepweb.jp/english/
The Japan Academic Society for Ventures and Entrepreneurs (JASVE) https://www.venture-ac.ne.jp/en/
Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) https://www.jetro.go.jp/en/
View supply model on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221031005324/en/