In view of the grave situation in Chennai caused due to incessant rains, Digital Insurer Edelweiss General Insurance has taken the following quick measures to support customers and ensure hassle free, quick, digital settlements of all motor insurance claims.
1. Free Pick and Drop by Preferred Garages (PG) – In case of damage caused to the vehicle due to flooding, customers can call on the insurer’s toll-free number 180012000. The vehicle will get picked up by the garage, repaired, and delivered back to the customer. All this is completely cashless.
2. Spot settlement – For all minor damages to the vehicle due to rains, customers can opt for Spot settlement of claim from the insurer, and get their vehicle repaired later at their convenience. Financial relief is instant.
3. BOLT – EGI’s live video streaming app allows instant inspection of vehicles. The app can be conveniently used by consumers, partners and garages to ensure fast settlement. For minor damages post inspection, customers can avail Spot settlement.
4. Advance payment – In case the damaged vehicle is placed for repair at a non-cashless workshop, EGI will make Advance Payment to the customer upto 50% of the liability
5. Waiver for RC getting soiled / mutilated / misplaced due to flood waters – EGI will waive off this requirement in the current situation. The verification will be done directly through the RTO prior to settling of claim.
6. As a precautionary measure, EGI is sending out SMSs to customers advising them to avoid parking in low lying places, covered areas, under trees and light poles, keeping away from waterlogged streets, etc. For any assistance, customers can call on the EGI toll-free number 180012000.
EGI is sending out mailers and SMSs to all customers to ensure they are aware of these initiatives and can avail them in case needed. Not only this, customers can also be rest assured to experience a paperless, easy and convenient claims process.