Tehri Hydro Development Corporation Limited was incorporated in July’ 88 to produce, manage & control the 2400 MW Tehri Hydro Power Complex (comprising of 1000 MW Tehri Dam & HPP, 1000 MW Tehri Pumped Storage Project & 400 MW Koteshwar HEP) and separate hydro projects. The Company has an empowered share capital of Rs. 4000 cr. THDCIL is a Mini Ratna Category-I and Schedule ‘A’ CPSE. and other Hydro Projects.
Let’s know more about Tehri Hydro Development Corporation Limited
1. THDCIL presently has a portfolio of 13 projects totalling to an established capacity of 5539 MW under various stages of implementation/development.
- THDC India Limited is a Joint Venture of Govt. of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh. The Equity is shared in the ratio of 75:25 between the government of India and Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- The Corporation has grown into a multi-Project Organization, with Projects spread over various States as well as a neighbouring country, Bhutan.
4. In addition to the 2400 MW Tehri Hydro Complex, THDCIL is implementing the 444 MW Vishnugad Pipalkoti Hydro Electric Project (VPHEP) on the river Alaknanda in Uttarakhand.
5. At present, the company has four power plants in operation namely Tehri Dam (1000 MW), Koteshwar Dam (400 MW), 50 MW Wind project in Patan (Gujarat) and 63 MW Wind project in Dwarka (Gujarat).