Children are the world’s most valuable resource and the hope of the future. You’ve often listened people saying: children are tomorrow. Today’s children are tomorrow’s scientists, politicians, doctors and teachers and much more. November 20 is celebrated as International Children’s day by UNICEF. It is the date when the UN General Assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child. On the same day in 1989, the UN General Assembly adopted the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
As the United Nations and world are marking the 30th anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, here is a list of super talented kids in India.
Google Boy, Kautilya Pandit
- Has an IQ of about 150
- ‘Mini Encyclopedia’ of the information who can answer questions about 213 countries.
- Felicitated with the title of “Bal Manishi” by Kashi Vidwan Parishad, Varanasi
2. World youngest director, Kishan Shrikanth
- Featured in 24 films by the age of 10
- He was 10 when he directed his first film ‘C/o Footpath’
- Included in Forbes India 30 under 30 lists, 2014
3. Akrit Jaswal, He performed his first surgery when he was 7
- Enrolled in a medical college at the age of 12
- Appeared in the famous “The Oprah Winfrey Show”
- Working on a cure for cancer
4. Aravind Chithambaram, a grandmaster of chess t the age of 15
- Touted as India’s rising chess star
- Awarded International Master by FIDE at the age of 14
5. Edmund Thomas Clint, a child painter
- Painted over 30,000 by the age of 7 years
- Died when he was 7 due to kidney failure
- Has a road named after him in Kerala