Cabinet approves Chief Minister Permanent Pump Connection Scheme

0
107

Bhopal : The Cabinet, chaired over by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, approved ‘Chief Minister Permanent Pump Connection Scheme’ to make the state free from temporary connections. The scheme will be implemented by Power Distribution Companies for minimum three HP connections in rural areas.

Power Distribution Companies will immediately act on the connections where providing permanent connections is possible through extension of low tension lines. Rs 100 crore will be provided to distribution companies for the task. It will be charged Rs 5000 per HP to small and marginal farmers of scheduled caste in the current year. Other small and marginal farmers will be charged at Rs 7000 per HP. The farmers having over two hectare land will be charged at the rate of Rs 11000 per HP.

The farmers, willing to carry out infrastructure work, will get facility to complete the work under Deposit Scheme by distribution companies or themselves. Such farmers will be charged three percent supervision charge under Deposit Scheme. The state government will give 40 percent amount as a capital to distribution companies under the scheme and the rest 60 percent will be borrowed by the companies from financial institutions. The government will extend guarantee for the loan. Farmers taking temporary connections will get uninterrupted power supply on the charges lower than they pay at present on temporary connections. It will be possible for farmers to get more than one crop and double their income from agriculture.