New Delhi: It seems that getting food on trains is getting easy and cheaper too! If you book food online through the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation website, you can even get 50 percent cashback on the food ordered above Rs 300 in a single order.
The scheme is offered on meals booked in a pre-paid mode and ordered through IRCTC’s e-catering website www. ecatering.irctc.co.in or “Food on Track” mobile application.
The IRCTC has tied up with close to 40 vendors for delivering food online in the running trains. The food once paid in a prepaid order is delivered at the berth when the train stops at the nearest station.
As per the IRCTC, these are the key points to remember in order to avail the offer:
1. The payment mode used for booking the meal should be prepaid mode i.e. using the payment gateway (HDFC PG or Paytm) to avail the Cash Back Offer
2. The offer is not valid if the order is partially or fully cancelled and the booking amount is reduced to less than Rs 300.
3. The cashback would be processed only after the delivery date.
4. The cash back would be paid into the same account through which the payment was made for the meal booking.
5. The customer would be intimated once the cash back is processed by IRCTC.
6. For any queries one could drop a word at customer[email protected] or call at toll free number 1323.