As Vodafone India enters the final stages of bringing the World’s largest 4G network to the country’s capital, it announced today, the availability of 4G SIMs for its customers at all of its Vodafone stores located at prominent locations across Delhi & NCR. Customers who are upgrading to 4G-Ready SIMs will be rewarded with free 1GB 4G internet, at the time of launch. All they need to do is send a short SMS “GO4G” to 199.
To avail 4G services, customers will need to have a 4G-enabled handset and a new 4G-Ready SIM card. To ensure a smooth and seamless exchange of 4G-ready SIMs, these are being made available in advance of the commercial launch of Vodafone’s 4G services in Delhi & NCR. A formal announcement regarding the launch, which is expected soon, will be made in due course.
Customers can walk in to any nearby Vodafone store and get their 4G-ready SIM with a hassle -free exchange process- free of cost. (Refer Annexure). With the new 4G-ready SIM, they will continue to enjoy uninterrupted mobile internet experience as per their existing plans and will be automatically upgraded to 4G as soon as the services are launched commercially,provided they have 4G-enabled handset.
Announcing this, Apoorva Mehrotra, Business Head–Delhi & NCR, Vodafone India, said, “Before we step into the next generation of telecommunications, we want to make the transition to 4G to be smooth and seamless for our 10 million customers in Delhi & NCR. We want them to be 4G-ready so that they can start experiencing the benefits of high speed mobile internet services as soon as they are launched commercially. Hence, this facility to upgrade to 4G-ready SIMs in advance. We are excited and fully geared up to launch our 4G services on the superior 1800 MHz band in Delhi & NCR very soon.”
Vodafone has successfully tested its 4G services on its robust network infrastructure to support the expected volumes and speed requirements of its customers. In the past few months, Vodafone has invested significantly in modernizing its existing network, incorporating the latest advances in technology to provide seamless network connectivity.
Vodafone is also making arrangements of home delivery of 4G-ready SIMs for its premium high-value customers in Delhi & NCR. A formal communication is being sent out to all these customers with details of the initiative
Vodafone has already launched its high speed 4G services in Kerala and Mysuru in Karnataka. The 4G roll-out will continue to major metros like Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru, to be launched by March 2016.
Media contact information
Vodafone India I [email protected]
4G- ready SIM exchange process:
Customers can switch to a 4G-ready SIM following these easy steps
1. Walk in to any nearby Vodafone Store and place your request for 4G-Ready SIM
2. After proper identification process & 4G enabled handset compatibility check, you will receive the new 4G-SIM card.
3. To activate the card, use your existing Vodafone number to SMS ‘SIMEX <your 19-20 digit new 4G SIM card number>’ to 55199 (this number will be available on the new SIM card/jacket given to you)
4. You will receive a response SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number entered
5. Please send the last 6 digits of the new SIM number to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the SMS mentioned in the above step
6. You will receive a success SMS, post which your 4G-Ready SIM will be activated within 5-10 minutes.
7. Subsequently, replace your old SIM in the handset with the new 4G-Ready SIM and continue to enjoy uninterrupted Vodafone services.
8. You will enjoy benefits of high speed 4G services as soon as they are launched commercially.
In case customers face any issues with the SIMEX process, they can call 199 or seek assistance from our staff at any Vodafone retail store.