Singapore, 12 February 2016, Luxury brands Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Raffles Hotels & Resorts, and Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts are pleased to announce several management-level appointments at its locations worldwide. Recent appointments include:
- FRHI Hotels & Resortshas appointed Bastien Blanc to oversee sales and marketing for the global hotel company’s activity in the Middle East, Africa, and India. Blanc, who takes on the title of vice president, sales & marketing, MEAI, brings over 24 years of international hospitality experience to this position including his most recent position as vice president, sales, marketing & development, Russia & CIS at Interstate Hotels. Over the course of his career, Blanc has held several senior management and general manager positions with AccorHotels Group.
- Raffles Praslin, Seychelles welcomes Joerg Roterberg as general manager. Roterberg brings over 25 years of hospitality experience, seventeen of which he served in hotel management positions. In 2005, after several years as general manager in properties in Antigua, Barbados and British Virgin Islands, Roterberg joined InterContinental Sandton Towers, Johannesburg as general manager. Most recently, Roterberg held the position of vice president, operations at Elite Island Resorts, Barbados.
- Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Parishas named Aaron Kaupp as its new general manager. With more than seventeen years of leadership experience in the luxury hotel market, Kaupp joins the hotel from his most recent position at Belmond Villa San Michele in Florence, recognized as one of Italy’s finest boutique hotels. Over the course of his career, Kaupp has won several prestigious international awards including “Best General Manager of a Luxury Hotel /Resort Worldwide” at the 2009 Luxury Travel Advisor awards in Las Vegas. Prior to his posting in Florence, he successfully opened and managed the famous Armani Hotel in Milano between 2011 and 2013.
- Fairmont Chengduwelcomes Clinton Cooper as executive chef. Cooper brings over 20 years of hospitality experience to this position, beginning his career as a commis chef at Hyatt Regency in Auckland, New Zealand. Cooper later held several progressive culinary positions throughout New Zealand until he moved to Al Khnozama & Faisaliah Hotels, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as sous chef and chef de cuisine. Prior to his most recent position as executive chef at Fairmont Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt, Cooper held executive sous chef and executive chef positions for leading global luxury brands in Asia, The Middle East and India.
- Fairmont Grand Del Marwelcomes Dana Hauser as executive chef. Hauser brings over 18 years of progressive experience in culinary operations to this role, beginning her hospitality career in all areas of the kitchen at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. In 2003, Hauser was appointed banquet chef at Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda. Hauser later relocated to Toronto, Canada as executive sous chef, Fairmont Royal York and held that position until 2012 when she joined the Fairmont Waterfront in her most recent position as executive chef.
- Fairmont Grand Del Marwelcomes Georg Garnitschnig as director of sales & marketing. Garnitschnig brings more than 20 years of experience to this role, beginning his hospitality career at the Hilton Vienna, Austria prior to relocating to the United States where he held several progress sales management positions. Garnitschnig later moved to Barbados as director of sales & marketing, Hilton Barbados until he joined Fairmont in a regional director of sales & marketing role. In 2014, Garnitschnig founded Hotel Sales Solutions, leading to his most recent position as president.
- Carole Pichot-Johnson joins FRHI Hotels & Resorts as director group sales in the Americas region, focused on selling The Savoy, a Fairmont Managed Hotel and Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris. Based in the United States, Pichot-Johnson will be responsible for growing and optimizing group and event revenue for both properties. Pichot-Johnson began her career in London, United Kingdom where she held a number of progressive positions at Hilton. She later joined the Ritz London as business development manager and later assistant director of sales prior to her position managing the sales team at Starwood for both Le Meridien Monaco and Le Meridien Nice.
- Raffles Jakartawelcomes Martijn Dekker as director of sales & marketing. Dekker’s first position in Indonesia was director of catering and conference sales at the Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Pacific Place. He was later promoted to director of sales & marketing of JW Marriott Medan, until recently when he held the position of director of sales & marketing at Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel.
- Swissôtel Resort Phuketwelcomes Suwat Uawattanasuroj as director of sales. Uawattanasuroj began his career in 2008 as development manager of Kalara International Properties Samui Island, Thailand. He continued his career as sales manager at Ibis Samui Bophut and Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui prior to relocating to Holiday Inn Express Sathorn Bangkok as sales manager in 2014. Most recently, he was the director of sales at Panwa Beach Resort Phuket.