Financial Highlights – Q4 & FY18
Q4FY18 v/s Q4 FY17
• • Total Income stood at Rs. 66.8 crore, higher by 11.7%.
• • PBT for the Quarter was Rs. 6.4 crore, against a PBT of Rs. 4.4 crore. Up by 45%
• • PAT for the Quarter stood at Rs. 2.5 crore, versus a PAT of Rs. 2.8 crore
FY18 v/s FY17
• • Total Income grew by 6.4% and stood at Rs. 344.3 crore.
• • PBT grew by 171% and stood at Rs. 48.6 crore.
• • PAT grew by 158% and is at Rs. 29.9 crore.
Chennai, May , 2018: The Waterbase Ltd. (TWL), pioneer in the Indian Aquaculture Industry with a focus on driving improvement in shrimp feed manufacturing, farm practices and shrimp processing has announced its financial results for the quarter and year ended March 31, 2018.
Commenting on the results, Mr. Ramakanth V. Akula, CEO said, ”FY18 has been a landmark year for Waterbase. A concerted focus on the shrimp feed business and leveraging our expanded distribution network has led to strong volume growth which, supported by benign raw material prices, has propelled the Company to deliver its highest ever annual profit.
In addition, we have made significant progress towards launching our first Vannamei hatchery even as we concluded the amalgamation with Pinnae Feeds, thereby streamlining our business operations. The year also saw customers responding favorably to our range of farm care products under the brand ‘Baylife’ which has strengthened our competitive offering. Page | 2TWL Q4 & FY18 INVESTOR COMMUNICATION
With an enhanced base for shrimp feed, wider distribution network and improved offerings comprising hatchery and ancillary products, we have created a strong platform to address the steadily growing opportunity in the aquaculture industry in India. Our Board has recommended a dividend of Rs. 1.50 per share to sustain the focus on value creation for our stakeholders.”
• • The Company has completed the construction of phase I of its Hatchery unit. Approvals are awaited. On receipt of approvals the company is poised to commence trial runs shortly.
• • The Waterbase was awarded the coveted ‘Asia’s Most Valuable Business Brand Award 2018’ in the Shrimp Feed category. This was conferred at the Asian Brand & Leadership Conclave held on 9th March 2018.
About The Waterbase Limited:
Registered Office: Ananthapuram Village, Nellore – 524 344, Andhra Pradesh
The Waterbase Ltd. (TWL) is one of India’s leading aquaculture companies. The Company is currently focused on manufacture of shrimp feed and processing of shrimp for export. TWL operates its Shrimp Feed Mills and processing plant near Nellore in Andhra Pradesh. Its processing plant is FDA and BAP approved, EU Listed and HACCP Certified.
Promoted by the Karam Chand Thapar Group, TWL owns several popular brands of shrimp feed that are of high quality, freshness, appropriate calorific value and rich in nutrients. Its shrimp feed brands enjoy strong acceptance in the shrimp farming community in India. Its processed shrimp is marketed across Europe, Japan, Asia and the USA.
Over the last two decades, the Company has played a key role in spreading scientific shrimp farming in India and has provided training and support in farming techniques to several thousands of farmers across the Country. The Company’s R&D efforts are focused on enhancing the quality and efficiency of feeds to meet differing farming requirements of aqua culturists.