Significant Investments in R&D for Seed Development and Rising Hybridization of Seed to Shape Seed Industry in Philippines
- The seeds industry in Philippines has been characterized by significant investment in R&D to develop seeds with improved genetic traits and better pest resistance.
- Rising government support in the country owing to the increasing demand of crops from the rising population. Government has taken various initiatives to encourage farmers for using hybrid seeds in the country for multiple crops.
- The leading players in Philippines Seed Industry are East West Seeds, SL Agritech, Allied Botanical Corporation, Syngenta, Pioneer Hi-Bred, Monsanto, Kaneko Seeds, Bayer Crop Science and others.
Ken Research announced its latest publication on “Philippines Seed Industry Outlook to 2021– Rising Government Support to Improve Agriculture Sector with Demand for Hybrid Seed to Foster Growth” which provides a comprehensive analysis of seed Industry in Philippines. The report covers market size, segmentation on the basis of hybrid and non-hybrid seeds and vegetable & non-vegetable seeds. The report also covers market in different aspects such as import and export of seeds, market share of major players by different seeds and company profiles for major players in Philippines seed market. The report provides detailed overview on future outlook & projections with analyst recommendations for the industry.
The Philippines seed industry has witnessed a resilient growth in past five years and it has also been anticipated that the seed industry will increase at a CAGR of 4% during the period 2017-2021. The growing population in the country will increase the demand for vegetables and other crops, resulting in the increasing demand for the cultivation of vegetable and non-vegetable crops. The seed industry has become highly competitive, with organized players gaining market share on the back of their strong R&D and financial strength. Currently, the industry is highly vibrant and energetic and is well recognized in the international seed arena. Several developing and neighboring countries have benefited from quality seed imports from Philippines.
The future of the Philippines seed industry is promising on account of impelling demand due to increased subsidies and renewed government policies on the usage of high yielding varieties, thereby leading to an increased productivity in the seed market. Hybrid seed market will witness a robust growth in terms of revenues in the country. The rising awareness about the benefits of using hybrid seeds in the country will accelerate the demand for hybrid seeds. Hybrid seeds have significant benefits in terms of yield improvement, agronomic performance and consistency of end-use quality and several other benefits. The government initiatives to meet the rising food demand and decreasing agricultural land will trigger the demand of high yield hybrid seeds for various vegetable and non-vegetable crops.
“Improving access and utilization of market information, cost-containing production technologies, and adherence to Good Agricultural Practice (GAP) specifications can improve market prospects. Better transport infrastructure, information access, and IT communication and utilities can underpin system streamlining and supply chain improvement to enhance trade. Furthermore, Investment and upgradation of wholesale market infrastructure should be focused to improve cost control and to reduce losses in domestic trade” according to the Research Analyst, Ken Research.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- Philippines Seed Market Genesis and Current Scenario
- Value Chain Analysis in Philippines Seed Sector
- Philippines Seed Market Size
- Philippines Seed Market Segmentation
- Trade Scenario for Philippines Seed Market
- Pricing Analysis for Different Seeds in Philippines
- SWOT Analysis in Philippines Seed Market
- Trends and Developments in Philippines Seed Market
- Government Role and Regulations in Philippines Seed Market
- Major Developments for Different Seeds in Philippines
- Issues and Challenges in Philippines Seed Market
- Market Share of Major Players in Philippines Seed Market, 2016
- Company Profiles for Major Players in Philippines Seed Market
- Philippines Seed Market Future Outlook and Projections
- Macroeconomic Factors affecting Philippines Seed Market
Key Products Mentioned in the Report
- Hybrid Seeds
- Non Hybrid Seeds
- Vegetable Seeds
- Hybrid Vegetable Seeds
- Non-Vegetable Seeds
- Rice Seeds
- Hybrid Rice Seeds
- Corn Seeds
- Hybrid Corn Seeds
- Onion Seeds
- Eggplant Seeds
- Cabbage Seeds
- Garlic Seeds
Companies Covered in the Report
- East West Seeds
- SL Agritech
- Allied Botanical Corporation
- Pioneer Hi-Bred
- Kaneko Seeds
- Bayer Crop Science