Fuel and Energy conservation is responsibility of each citizen: Governor Smt. Patel

0
8

Bhopal : February, 2019 : The Governor Smt. Anandiben Patel has said that fuel and energy conservation is a responsibility of each citizen. Besides tapping our own natural resources, our country is dependent on import and petroleum products are its important component. The Governor Smt. Patel was addressing the concluding programme of Saksham-2019 organised from January 16 to February 15 under the coordinated efforts of Bharat Petroleum, Hindustan Petroleum, GAIL and Indian Oil Corporation.

Fuel and Energy conservation is responsibility of each citizen: Governor Smt. Patel

The Governor said that approximately 20 percent of petroleum products are produced in the country. The remaining 80 percent are imported from other countries, which impact our economy. Hence, balance between producers and consumers is essential. She further mentioned that we all should think about wise use of petroleum products along with the oil companies. Praising the slogan of this year ‘Edhan Sanrakshan ki Zimmedari- Jan Gan ki Bhagidaari’ of the month long Sanrakshan Mahotsav, the Governor stated that these efforts will strengthen efforts for energy conservation and increase awareness. Citizens will understand their responsibility towards fuel conservation.

The State Coordinator of the Indian Oil B. Satish Kumar has informed that a World Record has been set by participation of 50 thousand people in a cycle rally held in Indore on January 27. Activities like painting, debate, cycle rally, car rally and quiz are organized to generate awareness during the month long programme every year.

The Governor Smt. Patel presented mementos and certificates to the winners of debate and pinting competition held in various cities of the state under the Saksham-2019. The DGM of Petroleum Conservation Research Association S.K. Haldhar gave a presentation on programmes organized in the past.

source: mpinfo.org