Mumbai: Engineering firm Dilip Buildcon on Wednesday said it has bagged a contract worth Rs 545.4 crore from the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways to construct a 640-km eight-lane cable-stayed bridge across the Zuari in Goa.
The Bhopal-based company has partnered with Ukrainian firm Mostobudivelnyi Zahin (MBZ) for its technical expertise to construct the cable bridge, a statement here said.
Dilip Buildcon will have a majority stake of 70 per cent in the joint venture firm while the remaining 30 per cent will be held by MBZ, it said.
“This is our first project in Goa, and we hope to complete the project before time. Mostobudivelnyi Zahin, which has a vast experience in construction of cable suspension bridges, will be our technology partner,” Dilip Buildcon executive director and CEO Devendra Jain said.
This contract is part of the Rs 676.19-crore, 1.084-km-long project, which is expected to be completed in 36 months.
“There are around 4-5 cable suspension bridges built on a large scale in India, and this would be the second-largest cable bridge length-wise in the country, after Vidyasagar Setu in Kolkata. With this contract, we are now present in 12 states,” he said.